Monday, March 14, 2011

The Songs of Life

The LORD your God is with you,
the Mighty Warrior who saves.
He will take great delight in you;
in his love he will no longer rebuke you,
but will rejoice over you with singing.

(Zephaniah 3:17, NIV)

While I desperately needed God to come through in the various personal situations, he directed some cases to deal with in others’ lives. My eyes switched from my own troubles to the pain others are carrying. As I listened to each talked about their big problems which entails such deep distress and pain in the mind, soul and spirit; I kept reminding these dear ones there is no problem too big for God, our Saviour. That truth resonated in return to my own ears.

As I struggle in my own thoughts while I grapple with different issues in my life and interceding for these dear ones I requested God to give each a song. We need to hear a new song from him in our different seasons. He promises in the verse above that he is with us, and he saves for he is the Mighty Warrior. He saves irrespective of our troubles. He does not just save, but continue to take great delight in us as he showers us with his songs of love and deliverance. So I pray:

For the emptiness of the soul, he sings a song of love.
For the broken hearted, he sings a song joy.
For the distress, he sings a song of peace.
For the lost, he sings a song of hope.

There are still many songs available from heaven. One to suit each of God’s children in each season. There is the song of freedom, the song of deliverance, the song of faith, the song of victory, and the list is endless.

I confessed and claimed the verse one night. Then I slipped into dreamland. I dreamed that God’s angels sang in my living room while I was getting ready to bed. It was a sweet song. That night before I slept, I was in distress.

At bedtime my children would often request, “Mum, sing us a song.” Mum’s soothing voice calms and comforts. But, our Father's voice is the most powerful in whatever capacity you need.

What song(s) do you need? Place a request now with your Father and hear the music play. Just listen…

Dear Lord, what song are you singing over me? Let me hear it. In Jesus’ name. Amen.



1 comment:

  1. With the crazy amount of task needed to be done within this weekend, and leading to the challenge next week....I'm claiming 'In Christ Alone". Certainly there is no one else that we can put our trust upon!

    ReplyDelete