Tuesday, March 30, 2010

What A Wondrous Work!

For you make me glad by your deeds, O Lord. I sing for joy at the works of your hands.
How great are your works, O Lord, how profound your thoughts.

(Psalm 92:4-5, NIV)

Nine people. One cave. And a sunny day. It was barely 10 ’o clock. It was very warm, as usual, I was sitting in the morning sun.

At 10:30am we would enter the mouth of Gua Tempurung. As we were waiting, I thought to myself, “Bother! Time sure passes s-l-o-w-l-y when you are waiting!" If only 10:30 would come just a bit quicker.

Finally when it did, I joined the rest of the group, standing around a guide who was briefing us on what we were going to be doing and what to expect. I was so excited! Even though I had visited this cave before. The guide was speaking in Malay so I couldn’t understand much but I knew what to expect anyway. We saw another guide gathering some stuff that he would need to take us around in our tour inside the cave.

When we were inside, dim lights guided our path. We saw all sorts of natural sculptures, like an elephant’s head, people sleeping, and hands reaching down from the ceiling. Different shapes of stalactites and stalagmites grew in every direction. Although I have to admit it was rather stinky, it was beautiful!

I thought, “Wow! Isn’t that amazing!" I thought to myself how great God is, that all those sculptures are natural and that God made them just the way they are. I figured and saw how awesome He is and what He can do. If God can make rocks and caves look so beautiful and special, surely He can shape me to be beautiful too, right? 100%, absolutely, positively sure He can!!

So today I pray, that God will shape my life and every one of your lives to be a beautiful attraction to many people, and that they may know that He is really the One who made us all the way we are.

God of Majesty, I praise You for Your wondrous works. Thank You for making this beautiful world and me! Continue to shape me according to Your will and let others see Christ in me. In Jesus' name. Amen.

(This week's devotion contributed by Ashlynn Lim)

All Rights Reserved @
2010

7 comments:

  1. Hey Hey....this is a very good entry indeed. Thank you for reminding us of His great creation and creative work in us. This always reminds me that we are FEARFULLY AND WONDERFULLY made by Him.

    Thanks again Ash.

    4K's

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashlynn, I was just talking to one of my pastors about this... that may people see the beautiful design in us made by God and glorify Him. Keep writing, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME!! Thanks for sharing your thoughts. It's amazing how God speaks to us differently. Lovely, very lovely!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!! You are so insightful! It's awesome how you see the truth of God in his amazing and beautiful creation. More! More!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe it is time to start a kids devotional blog. :) Well done girl, keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe it is time to start a kids devotional blog. :) Great stuff, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete