Monday, March 1, 2010

Follow His Footsteps

Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.

(Galatians 5:25, NIV)

As I entered Gua Tempurung, a cave in Gopeng, Perak, I was amazed at how God created this magnificent sculpture. That caused me to be very excited.

We climbed. We slid. We splashed in the water. Soon I found myself enjoying the adventure tremendously. But, at one point, the rocks were steep and I was a little nervous. Dad, who was right in front of me, reassured me, “Just follow my footsteps.”

So I copied every position he moved, following him closely. I managed to pass that level!

Just as we follow our elders, parents, leaders or people we truly trust, we must first and foremost, follow God’s footsteps so that we may go in the right way in life. Thus, we will never fall.

Are you keeping in step with his Spirit?

Dear Lord, let my eyes study you and follow your steps closely. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

(This week's devotion contributed by Nathalynn)

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful! Perhaps you can also start a devotional blog for kids. Just follow the footsteps of mum. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOWWWW! You are amazing Nat! It really spoke loud and clear to me!

    Love you heaps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You write really well Nat. What a great reminder for me to keep in step with His spirit. Well done Nat!

    ReplyDelete