Monday, March 22, 2010

Clean Up and Clean It Out

The pile of papers sitting on the table was stacked up neatly.
The toys lined up all ready to welcome a new play.
The miscellaneous stuff all boxed up.
The cleansed fan propelling at high speed sending a cool sensation in the room, circulating the air well. It didn’t give its optimum effect prior this.
Curtains drawn. The bright sun shone through the glass door panels and windows giving a fresh start of the day.
At any glance, anyone would notice the glass and window panes had been given a meticulous wipe to expose the clarity of vision through them.
My feet touched the flawless floors and it felt good walking on the dust free ground.
The ceiling’s natural decorations were taken off – the cobwebs.
Everything looked back at me with a shining stare.

Housekeeping is a challenge when one tries to excel in homemaking. So is a mum a housekeeper or homemaker? Oh, that’s a great difference, isn’t it? Although I enjoy both but I must admit housekeeping is an endless chore. It doesn't make me laugh nor cry whereas homemaking is about people. The mechanics of housekeeping is so routine that many times I am left exhausted trying to keep up with it. I never did and will never, I guess with another five – big and small very active and creative people under my care. The constant activities in the home will definitely not leave things in order for a long time. Hence, 24 hours a day is not going to be ever enough to maintain the standard of a clean house as I thought should be before the nest grew. Nevertheless, I still enjoy and welcome the freshness of the air which greets me whenever I achieve this task, and stared back at the shining floors and orderly environment with sheer delight. My heart seems lighter. My spirit free as I walk through the decluttered pathway of piled up things through the days, weeks, and months.

Ooh, I am not a super clean freak but I certainly love to clean up and clean it out periodically. The space once occupied with clutters and dust sure give a sense of freedom of mind when it’s cleansed and dejunked.

Our spiritual home needs cleaning up and cleaning out all the time all the more.

Then Samuel addressed the house of Israel, “If you are truly serious about coming back to God, clean house. Get rid of the foreign gods and fertility goddesses, ground yourselves firmly in God, worship him and him alone, and he’ll save you from Philistine oppression.” (1 Samuel 7:3, MSG)

Father of All, please spring clean this heart so it will be a comfortable home for you to dwell in. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment