Sunday, July 5, 2009

Praise is A Powerful Weapon

About midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the other prisoners were listening to them. Suddenly there was such a violent earthquake that the foundations of the prison were shaken. At once all the prison doors flew open, and everybody's chains came loose.

(Acts 16:25-26, NIV)

Rest is not easy when one has pain and discomfort. As much as it is needed the mind tends to focus on the negative in such times. Pain is an incredible distraction to stay focus. Such has been my past week.

My attempts to get a good rest aren’t easy at all. When I thought I had disciplined my mind and body to rest, the nagging pain and discomfort of my muscle spasm kept playing trick on me. The challenging waves of pain and great discomfort overshadow and seek to drown my joy. I know I have to rise above the current to conquer.

One of my bible heroes is Paul, who rose above his challenging circumstances time after time; he was never defeated by difficulties. His perseverance amazes me and courage is far above commendation. I never fail to be encouraged in my spirit whenever I read his accounts. Here in the Book of Acts, he rendered his praises endlessly despite being in prison. That speaks of a deep trust in God. How many of us can say we will lift up our voices in songs in such grim situation? Paul and Silas raised their voices in praise towards heaven and the power of their praises shook the earth and broke the chains of captivity.

It serves as reminder to me every time I underestimate the simplest act of worship – sing unto the Lord. Sing, sing and sing! The power of praise is a great weapon in warfare and an infusion of His joy in uncertainty. As I continue to rest, I seek to sing to him constantly and shift my focus to my Lord.

Is your heart troubled? Is your spirit dry? Are you in some form of pain?
Sing and trust as you live for Him. Watch the unfolding of miracles in your life as you do just that…R.E.S.T. in the power of praise!

REST to me is…Rejoice, Enjoy his presence, Sing and Trust.

Heavenly Father, I will keep praising You every moment. I trust in You. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment