Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Tears to triumph

You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy.

(Ps 30:11, NIV)

Life is busy for everyone these days. I’ve hardly met a person who is free except those retired seniors. Even that, many of them fills their days with endless activities. That’s a choice, I guess. As for most people, we all wish we have more hours each day to accomplish our tasks. Days surrounded by children all the time take a different scenario – they are not just busy but tremendously demanding from all aspects. It’s amazing how these little ones can drain you off. No doubt every day is an interesting day living with children. They are so full of life; ready to receive each day with enthusiasm, soaking in life’s lessons every moment and still have more than enough energy till bedtime. Bedtime – oh, that’s a taboo word for them. They have not finish their last play, read their last story, speak their final words, and share their concluding thought for the night. I am not sure about other mums, but I look forward to bedtime where I tuck them in after a long hard day, kissed them goodnight after prayers, and watched them slip into dreamland and savour the moments of looking at their sweet faces as they lie in bed. Oh, not to mention the quietness of the atmosphere after noise pollution the entire day.

Getting through the night routine itself is a great effort. Cleaning and changing, bedtime stories, bible reading and prayers...before I get to sit down to enjoy some quiet moments to keep my sanity. Many times I slipped into dreamland with them too. Then, to awaken the next morning to go through the whole cycle again. My plan didn't work out one night (in fact, too many nights to count) and threw me off balance for a moment. The cheerful atmosphere took a turn. Nothing seemed to work out the way I had anticipated. Screaming and yelling weren’t the answers as we all know. Yet my composure was lost for that moment. Desperately I looked to heaven for help and quickly shot a prayer to God. Very few words but definitely with great intensity. He heard my cry and turned my tears into triumph. The night ended with a sweet note.

Chaos changed into calmness as we wrapped up the night with me spending some moments alone with each child. Nothing beats the beautiful intimacy of being able to snuggle up with each of them and whispered words of love and affirmation as we said goodnight. Finally, the last in turn took up an hour plus as she needed to talk more. It was beautiful and triumphant as I tucked them all in. Joy filled my heart. God responded to my tears of desperation and caused my heart to dance with joy as I retired for the night.

Perhaps this experience isn't about life and death to cause wailing and mourning. Nevertheless, it was suffice to cause a deep desperation in me at that moment.
Are you hurting? Are you in a pressing need? Do not bottle up your tears.
Cry to God and watch Him deliver you. His deliverance may not be according to our timing but He will surely give you a reason to dance and be joyful again.

Heavenly Father, hear my cry and answer me quickly. I need Your help. Grant me victory. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh, thanks for sharing life and preparing me for my journey ahead!

    ReplyDelete