Monday, April 11, 2011

She Is Waiting

They cried to you and were saved;
In you they trusted and were not disappointed.

(Psalm 22:5, NIV)

A small girl looked around in the crowd. She scanned for her daddy. He was here a while ago. “Where is he now?” Her heart grew with anxiety as her search continued in vain. She was hopeful although still waiting – with an increasing fear.

She trusted he would come back but he still hadn't show up. All sorts of thoughts kept rushing into her mind.

“How long more has she to wait?”
“Daddy won’t leave me. He promised.”
“But where is he?”
“ I've been a good girl. I always tried to be the best to please him. Maybe I messes up things once in a while, but as much as I can and know how, I will be obedient.”
“He can’t possibly leave me now.”

Her tears dropped. “Daddy, where are you?”

She sat at the pavement and waited. She remembered what he always said, “If you get lost, please don’t wonder around. Stay where you are and wait for me. I will come back for you.” She wiped her tears. She told herself to be brave and whispered, “Daddy, don’t take too long.”

Have you ever felt like the little girl? Somewhere in life’s crowd you got lost. You lost sight of God. Your hand slipped off his. You are alone and fearful. You don’t think your cry will reach him in this massive crowd. Your heart thumped with greater anxiety as you are surrounded by the unknown. You wish you could just catch a glimpse of him but you see nothing. But you remember his promises.

“I will not leave you nor forsake you.” (Joshua 1:5)
“As surely as the sun rises, he will come…” (Hosea 6:3)
“Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the Lord.” (Psalm 31:24)
There are endless reassurances in his word.

How often do our minds wonder like the little girl and get anxious. The psalmist tells us when we cry to him and trust him; we will be saved and not disappointed. God is true to his word and is not a liar (Numbers 23:19).

He will fulfil his promises. Just wait for him. We may not understand his timing. Many times he trains us to be strong and courageous in the waiting. He stretches our faith and in the process we really get to know who our God is. So as I speak to myself, I like to encourage you too, hang in there…he will surely come!

Heavenly Daddy, here am I waiting…for you to come rescue me, comfort me, heal me, [fill in whatever your need is]. I trust in You, You and You alone! In Jesus’ name. Amen.

Leave a comment: what is God’s promise to you and how do you conquer your fear?


No comments:

Post a Comment